Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ripple

For this Friday Illustration, I decided to paint the ripples. The painting not only represents the ripples in the water, but the ripples in life. Firstly I put down rubber cement so that I could have white areas when I was done painting. Then I painted with green and blue water colors, so that would be the ripples of the water. Then I painted with acrylics and smeared them to represent life's ripples. I picked up the rubber cement. Lastly, I went in with a purple marker to add more depth to the piece.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! Great color choices and I am particularly pleased with the sense of rhythm that you have accomplished from the small ripples transforming into the large ripples. Good use of space and attention to mark-making!

    Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah this is awesome, I knew you were very artistic but this is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats really cool. I kinda tried to do the same thing on my sketchbook cover. To bad it does NOT work with acrylic paint. This looks great though!

    ReplyDelete